I didn't realize it's been almost a month since I've shown up here. Um. Oops. On we go. And tonight I really shouldn't be here; I should be sleeping as it's a fast-paced work week ahead.
Here's what's been going on.
1) N. and I visited his family in India and then went to Brussels, Bruges, and Amsterdam. I have (more) stuff to tell you about running and about riding bicycles in Belgium. And about drinking beer in Belgium.
2) Kelly Grace, whom you may remember from previous posts, is run/walking 5Ks all over Kansas City. PARTICIPATION, people. That's the name of the game. I'm gonna be preaching this at you a LOT.
3) I am getting different responses to my changed body than even a few months ago. Less "good for you," more "you're looking good." I'm starting to get used to people seeing me, smiling at me, affording me more benefit of the doubt as a human being. I remain more intrigued than gratified.
4) Nutrition, with which I have been vigilant for the past 9 months, went all to seed (or is that grain) on the trip. Bread, sugar, more bread... pulling in my boundaries again, simplifying what I want.
5) I've been swimming, lifting weights, trail running, and riding the mountain bike. The bike — any bike — is more comfortable and homelike than ever before. What changed? Belgium. I'll tell you, I promise.
6) I fall and wreck on the MTB. But I'm riding with fingers around the bars more and less on the brake. And it's so much fun! Riding that bike is so much fun!
That's about it, really. Oh, and I drilled down to my basic life principles. Want
'em? They are:
Autonomy. Empiricism. Participation. Compassion.All in all, a good month. Very glad to be back and writing now.