Acme Blog Post

I see Wile E. Coyote everywhere lately.

He's chasing the Roadrunner as hard as he can, using every crackbrained idea, and suddenly off the cliff he goes! And for a second, he doesn't notice! He is wild and fixated, pumping away! About to plummet, and still nothing is as important as catching that bird!

And I keep thinking I'll have some tidy sermonette conclusion about this, about maintaining perspective or focus vs. tunnel vision. Something. But I don't. I'm just looking around at people desperately chasing something, could be any high, a different job, money, a sexual conquest, attention, respect, to shout everyone else down... crazily intent even as they shoot off a cliff. I'm looking at him, at her, at you, at me.

I see Wile E. Coyote everywhere.

Today's Tune
Power and cadence, baby.

0 comments: